To maximise social distancing and slow the spread of coronavirus COVID-19 all RCN physical libraries are now closed until further notice.
- Although our physical libraries are closed at this time, remember our eBooks, eJournals and databases are available 24/7.
- All items on loan, from any of our libraries, that have a return date between 20 March 2020 and 31 May 2020 now have a new return date of 01 June 2020. So there is no need to renew your books before 01 June.
No additional charges will accrue while our libraries are closed for any items that are currently overdue.
- You can continue to contact us via email, webchat and phone during our opening hours (Mon-Fri 9am-7pm and Sat 9am-5pm).
If this is your first time using the eLibrary, we have a getting started guide with help and advice.
- We are able to manage most of our library services off-site so you should not see a change in our online services to you in the coming weeks. Our postal loan service is unavailable until we reopen, however.
- Our London library has moved to Skype 1-2-1 database training for the next few weeks to support members. You can find full details on our Literature searching and training pages.
- We are also hosting digital drop-in literature training sessions on Wednesdays between 2pm–4pm. These are available to all of our members around the UK. For more information see our support page.
- The RCN has also taken the difficult decision to cancel all events between now and the end of May 2020.
If you had a ticket for a paid event you will be issued full refunds. We hope to reschedule as many of our public talks and events as possible, please do keep checking our events page for updates on all our public events.
The RCN is providing information and resources to support your understanding and management of COVID-19.