The membership payment plan for health practitioners (such as health care assistants and assistant practitioners) in their first year of RCN membership.
Eligibility criteria and exclusions
This membership category is only available to health practitioners in their first year of membership.
Health practitioner members must also meet the following eligibility criteria:
Health practitioner members are those not eligible for nurse or student membership, and their area of work is recognised by RCN Council as affording them eligibility for this membership category. These areas of membership are as follows:
- learning disability
- long term (nursing and residential homes)
- diagnostic and therapeutic support
- dialysis support
- paediatric (related to children in hospital and long term care)
- acute care (all areas)
- mental health acute and long term care
- care for children and younger people
- operating department practice
- promoting independence.
have their work routinely delegated by a registered nurse, midwife or health visitor
have, or are working towards, a qualification in health and care at level one of the National Qualifications Framework in England, Wales or Northern Ireland or level four (or higher) of the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework.
Period of availability
This payment plan will be available for one year from the date of joining. The member will then be transferred to health practitioner full membership after the first full year of membership.
Annual rate: £49.21 (£39.37 after tax relief*)
Monthly rate: £4.10 (£3.28 after tax relief*)
* tax relief may vary depending on the tax situation of each member however, tax relief would be available if a member is paying basic rate tax.
Members can save money by claiming tax relief.