- Make sure it’s right for you - choose a job that suits your skill set, personality and values.
- Arrange an informal visit – you’ll stand out and it’s an opportunity to get a feel for the work culture and environment.
- Research the employer – learn about the company’s values and link these to your application and interview. It highlights what an organisation is looking for in a candidate, and likely to reflect the framework for their recruitment scoring system.
- Keep your CV updated - don’t wait until you’ve got a job application deadline looming, prepare your CV in advance.
- Keep up-to-date with healthcare initiatives - employers may ask you about these during interview and will expect you to know. Could you explain what the Francis Report was? Do you know what the 6 Cs are?
For more career advice, read our student career booklet.