We started to offer this service in March 2016. When we held the first session we were not sure if anyone would attend but were delighted when we had 8 participants! Since then the sessions have continued to be well attended every week, with over 200 attendees to date.
Feedback from participants has been excellent including:
- I really enjoyed the session. Things were explained in terms that I understand and the librarian was patient and ensured that I understood everything.
- The librarian explained how to do a search that that was relevant to me and I felt I could ask any question.
- Very approachable staff who talked me through using the databases.
- Start using the RCN library online www.rcn.org.uk/library
- Conduct a literature search using a database like CINAHL
- Find information on the Cochrane Library.
If you are interested in attending an RCN library training session you can find out more here.