Joint RCN and SOM Occupational Health Nursing Conference & Exhibition
Becoming agents of change
25 Nov 2022
20 Cavendish Square ,
Hybrid event. More details to follow shortly.
CPD hours: 7
- Why attend
- Fees and bookings
- Conference information
- Technical support
- Contact us
We are pleased to announce the RCN and SOM joint Occupational Health Nursing Conference is back for the fifth year.
This hybrid conference will cover a broad range of topics designed to support and inspire Occupational Health Nurses across a variety of different settings and circumstances to become agents of change.
This event aims to:
- Highlight the latest developments in occupational health research, practice and policy
- Provide a refresh for OHN practitioners on key challenges and issues supporting working age population health including supporting health and wellbeing, assessment of mental health and managing menopause issues in the workplace
- Provide opportunity for reflection on professional practice, personal and professional leadership
What is a hybrid event?
At a hybrid event attendees can choose whether to attend in person at RCN HQ or online-only, via our world leading virtual conference platform, Hopin. Please note there are limited places available for those who which to attend in person. All delegates will have access to the online platform.
In partnership with
20 Cavendish Square
20 Cavendish Square is located behind John Lewis, Oxford Street.
Visitor car parking
Q-Park Oxford Street is an underground car park situated underneath Cavendish Square. You can pre-book your parking by visiting the Q-Park website.
The nearest stations are Oxford Circus and Bond Street.
There are many buses routes that stop nearby, including the 10, 25, 55, 73, 98 and 390.
London has five major airports: London City, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton and London Stansted.
London Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted airports have dedicated express train services into central London.
London Heathrow and City airports are directly connected to the Tube network.
National Express, Easybus and Greenline coach transfers run 24 hours a day and start as low as £2 when booked in advance.
For more information on London as a destination please visit www.visitlondon.com; the official city guide to London.
The conference is open to all nurses, student nurses, nursing support workers and allied health professionals working in the academic, clinical and professional setting in the UK and overseas.
Benefits of attending:
- Accrue over 7 hours of CPD to count towards your revalidation
- Discover the latest developments and research in the field of occupational health nursing.
- Hear from eminent keynote speakers on contemporary nursing issues.
- Attend themed sessions, conveyed by expert facilitators, participate and contribute to the discussions and debate.
- Use this opportunity to network with your peers
- Engage and network with exhibitors on new service developments and products.
Need a helping hand with securing time off or funding to attend? Please download these helpful hints and tips.
In person attendee
RCN or SOM member
Join the RCN to be immediately eligible for the member rate.
Discounts available (max one per booking) - redeemable via telephone/booking form only.
40 % discount - nursing student members (pre-registration only), associate retired RCN members, HCAs or Aps
25% discount - Accredited RCN Trade Union Representatives
10% discount - Group discount when three or more delegates book together.
Online bookings are the easiest and fastest way to book 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Bookings can be made by phone with payment by credit card/Maestro, by calling: +44 (0)2920546460. Lines are open from 9.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Bookings can also be made via email with a downloaded booking form with credit card details emailed email@example.com
All bookings will be confirmed in writing.
You will not be registered for this event unless payment accompanies your application. Places cannot be held provisionally.
The RCN reserves the right to refuse any booking at any time.
To pay by invoice
To pay by invoice you must send all of the below firstname.lastname@example.org
•A copy of the Purchase Order document from your organisation or company (we cannot process your order without it)
•Your Finance department/accounts payable contact email address to receive an electronic copy of the invoice from us
•A completed RCNEvents Booking Formfor each delegate in the booking.
Once the invoice has been raised, you will then receive confirmation of your delegate booking on the event requested. Invoices are to be paid within 30 days of the invoice being issued
All delegates will have access to the virtual venue.
Our virtual venue
This event is hosted on Hopin, the world leading, all-in-one virtual conference platform that enables attendees to connect, learn and interact live with people anywhere.
Please note this is a private event for registered delegates who have a valid conference booking. Registered delegates will also be able to view recorded content after the event.
We recommend reading the following guidance before the event to ensure that you get the best experience using Hopin.
You can also watch this short video introduction to the platform.
Delegates can expect to receive their Hopin joining instructions by email in the two weeks leading up to the event.
If you have registered for the event using a work email address, there are occasions when firewall settings can block the email reaching you. If you’re unable to locate your joining instructions, please contact a member of the events team on 0207 647 3577 or email RCNevents@rcn.org.uk
Please note, if you do not already have a Hopin account, you will be asked to create one and agree to Hopin’s terms and conditions before accessing the event.
Updating your profile
When you first access the Hopin platform, you’ll be prompted to set up your profile.
You can upload a photo, add your place of work, job title, social media contacts and a brief biography to give you more presence and support networking at the event.
After the event
Please take a few minutes to complete the evaluation at the end of the event. All answers will be treated in the strictest confidence and will help us to shape future events, both online and face to face.
You will also be able to download your self-learning certificate from this webpage following the event. In order to validate the learning gained we recommend that a reflection is completed and submitted with the certificate as part of any review.
In preparation for the event, we recommend the following:
Check your equipment
- Use a computer or laptop if possible, preferably not more than 3 years old
- If using a mobile device, please ensure that you use Safari on iOS (tablet) or Google Chrome on Android (mobile phone.)
Check your browser
- Use the latest versions of Google Chrome on your computer or laptop
- Open the event in incognito or private browser window
- If you are accessing Hopin using the App, please be aware that functionality maybe limited
Check your internet connection
Run a speed test before the event to check your bandwidth internet connection.
If the result is poor, you may need to consider a different location or use an ethernet cable between your computer or laptop and internet hub.
- Check that you have followed the advice above for the best experience using Hopin
- If using a work device with firewall protection, share this network guide with your IT department ahead of the event with the list of sites to whitelist
- Close all other applications or programmes on your device including Microsoft Teams
- Refresh your browser
- Turn off your camera to improve connectivity
- Make sure that nobody else in your household is using the internet as this could affect your bandwidth internet connection
- Restart your computer.
Page last updated - 11/08/2022