RCN Older People’s Forum and BGS Joint Conference
Royal College of Nursing, 20 Cavendish Square, Marylebone, London, W1G 0RN
Booking now open
A healthy old age requires good preparation. This year’s conference focusses on the preventative and anticipatory actions we can take both individually and as a society in order to live well in older age. That might be mass vaccination to prevent flu, tailored risk reduction in dementia or composing an advanced direction.
The theme of this year’s conference embraces a wide range of conference possibilities relating to older people’s care.
20 Cavendish Square is located behind John Lewis, Oxford Street.
The nearest stations are Oxford Circus and Bond Street.
There are many buses routes that stop nearby, including the 10, 25, 55, 73, 98 and 390.
Abstracts are invited for concurrent, symposia and workshop presentations under one of the below themes:
• Anticipatory care
• Prevention of ill health
• Promotion of health and wellbeing
Abstracts should be 300 words maximum.
Abstracts should be a concise summary of the main points from your presentation. The abstract should be jargon-free and indicate clear aims and objectives.
Submitters can expect to be notified via email with the outcome on Friday 31 August 2018.
Before you submit your abstract online please ensure you have read the below abstract submission terms and conditions. If you have any questions please contact the Event Organiser, Loredana at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will submit your abstract online using our abstract management system.
Once your abstract has been submitted you should receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive this within 24 hours of submitting please contact email@example.com
Please ensure all mandatory sections of the online submissions form (denoted by *) are completed.
These are the questions you can expect when submitting your abstract:
Please include your details, as well as those of the author and any named co-presenters.
1. Professional title (if applicable)
2. First name*
5. Job title*
7. Preferred mailing address*
8. Day time telephone number*
9. Mobile number
10. RCN membership no. (if applicable)
11. BGS membership no. (if applicable)
12. Email address*
13. Co-presenter details (if applicable)
14. Professional biography (written in third person, no more than 100 words)*
1. Title of paper*
2. Preferred type of presentation (concurrent/symposia/workshop)*
3. Presentation theme (anticipatory care/ prevention/ promotion of health and wellbeing/ leadership)*
4. Aim of paper*
5. A 300 word abstract of you presentation*
6. Three intended learning outcomes
7. Three recommended reading titles
8. First time presenter at a conference – yes/no*
Attend this conference to:
• Find out what preventative and anticipatory actions we can take to help people live well in older age
• Learn about evidence based developments in preventative older people’s care
• Explore new solutions to older people’s care
• Celebrate and recognise the leadership of nurses and medical staff in service development both in the independent sector and NHS
• Share specialist expert research, knowledge and practice
• Accrue valuable CPD hours
• Be part of a multi-disciplinary audience which facilitates a great networking experience
Comments from delegates last year…“An excellent, well-run inspirational event. Great examples of successful collaborations.”
RCN Event Registrations
PO Box 2329
Please note – all bookings require full payment in order to secure your place at the event.
Online bookings require full payment using a Debit or Credit card.
If you are booking on behalf of someone else you will be required to register on the RCN Website (MyRCN) in order to complete a booking. If you are booking on behalf of an RCN Member, please ensure you have their membership number to hand before starting your booking.
If you are an RCN Member you will be required to enter your RCN Membership number to obtain the relevant attendance fee (where applicable).
If you are Presenting at an Event please call our registrations team on 02920546460 as these special rates cannot be booked online.
If you have any queries regarding your booking, please call our friendly registrations team on 02920546460 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
You can read our full Terms & Conditions at www.rcn.org.uk/eventsterms