UK Developing Leadership Programme: Spring 2022 Day 1
27 Apr 2022 09:00 - 16:00
CPD hours: 14
The Developing Leadership Programme provides the time and space to explore your leadership style, your aspirations as a leader and how to promote a team approach that is inclusive, vibrant and supported by continuous learning.
This unique programme has been developed for nursing staff at band/level five or equivalent, and is suited for both the NHS, independent sector and social care organisations.
This programme is delivered over two days, which are separated by one to two weeks to encourage reflection during the programme. The second date for this programme is 4th May 2022, you must be available to attend both dates to book onto the course.
- You will understand the characteristics of effective leadership and how this underpins your role.
- You will develop skills to positively influence those around you including colleagues, managers and the wider health and social care teams.
- You will learn to identify and challenge barriers which have an impact on the safe delivery of care.
- You will develop strategies for developing resilience and maintaining momentum during times of change.
Day 1 (27th April 2022)
- Concepts of leadership
- Being a role model
- Being accountable
- Raising concerns
- Record keeping
- Responsible social media
- Upholding standards
Day 2 (4th May 2022)
- Being a change agent
- Practice based learning and promoting teamwork
- Evidence based learning
- Your role in leadership
More information about the RCN's Developing Leadership Programme, and an online form you can use to register your interest, is available here.
Page last updated - 27/10/2021