Inaugural Clinical Research Nursing Day
Celebrating clinical research nursing and its vital role in healthcare
29 Apr 2021 10:00 - 15:30
RCN Members: £80+VAT | Pre-reg students £48+VAT Non-member £120+VAT
To book online using a credit/ debit card select ‘Book Now’. For all other payment methods check the ‘Fees’ tab.
Please note online bookings for this event have now closed.
If you wish to book a last minute place please contact Event Reg Team (9am – 4.30pm) directly via 029 2054 6460.
Please note the team experience a high number of calls and last minute booking enquiries are not guaranteed entry however the team will try to accommodate where possible.
The RCN Research Society sub-committee: Clinical Research Nursing are delighted to announce their Inaugural Clinical Research Nursing Day, ‘Celebrating clinical research nursing and its vital role in health care’.
The virtual conference is aimed at all research nurses and midwives from across the UK, and any nurse interested in a career in research.
The event will be hosted on the world leading all-in one virtual conference platform; Hopin, which enables a highly interactive and engaging experience for delegates.
- MHRA and clinical research
- Research as a Measure of Health Care: a patient’s perspective
- Concurrent sessions:
- How research teams responded to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Embedding and disseminating research in the NHS
- Panel discussion – Can research truly embed in an under-pressure NHS?
Recorded content on demand
- Reflections on developing the RCN RS CRN sub-committee as RCN Professional Lead Research and Innovation
- Student nurse training programme
- Exploring Clinical Research Nurses’ experiences of working with Clinical Nurses
- Research Nurse café – sharing best practice
- IACRN certifications of CRN's
Benefits of the virtual conference
- Reduced delegate fee
- Save costs, time and carbon emissions on travelling and accommodation
- Have access to content on demand pre and post event to allow for reflection as part of your CPD commitments (accrue up to 6 CPD)
- Ability to network and catch up with colleagues from different organisations without leaving your home (virtual coffee area, speed networking and direct messaging).
Event learning outcomes include:
- Evaluate a range of contemporary subjects pertinent to Clinical Research Nurses (CRN’s) including recognition of the role and the contribution CRN’s make to patient care, and extended practice for CRNs.
- Contribute to the development and recognition of the CRN role through discussion and sharing best practiceExplore best practice models for embedding and integrating research as part of clinical service
- Discuss models of research delivery in different specialities.
- Accrue up to 6 hours of CPD to count towards your revalidation
- Take time out to reflect on your professional journey and current practice: what can you do to improve the patient experience and outcomes?
- Network with like-minded peers from across the UK, build professional relationships and share your experiences / ideas
- Be updated on the latest developments in clinical research nursing
- Discover how innovation will affect what you do and how you do it
Our virtual venue: Hopin
The event will be hosted on the world leading all-in one virtual conference platform; Hopin, which enables a highly interactive and engaging experience.
Please note that this is a private event for registered delegates who will be required to have a valid conference booking.
View a short video introduction to help you navigate around our virtual venue, Hopin.
Access to the event
All booked participants will be emailed details on how to login to Hopin, our virtual venue, in advance of the conference starting. If you are unable to locate your email it is possible that the email may have landed in your Spam/Junk folder. If you still cannot find it, please check which email you signed up to the event with, as this is the email which we will have the sent the magic link to. If you continue to have problems, then email the Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 020 7 647 3577
For best results:
- use a computer if possible
- if using a tablet, please ensure you have downloaded Google Chrome and use this browser to enter Hopin.
- using a personal device reduces the risk of organisational firewalls blocking access
- use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- close any programmes you don’t need or that also use a camera
- open in an incognito window
- if something goes wrong, try refreshing your browser.
Following the conference recorded sessions will be available for registered delegates.
Update your profile
On first access you’ll be prompted to set up your Hopin profile.
Your profile helps you connect with others at the event and supports networking. Upload a profile photo, add your place of work, job title, social media contacts and a brief biography to help give you more presence at the event.
After the event:
Don’t forget to take a few minutes to complete the evaluation at the end of the conference. All answers will be treated in the strictest confidence and will help us to shape future events, both online and face to face.
You can download your self-learning certificate from this web-page following the event. In order to validate the learning gained we recommend that a reflection is completed and submitted with the certificate as part of any review.
||One day virtual conference|
|Member: Pre-reg student, Retired, health practitioner
|Member: RCN representatives, forum steering committee
Discounts available (max one per booking)
• 40 % discount - nursing student members (pre-registration only), associate retired RCN members, HCAs or APs
• 25% discount - Accredited RCN Trade Union Representatives
• 10% discount - Group discount when three or more delegates book together.
Online bookings are the easiest and fastest way to book 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Bookings can be made by phone with payment by credit card/Maestro, by calling: 02920546460. Lines are open from 9.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Bookings can also be made by post with a downloaded booking form with credit card details or payment/remittance advice posted to: Event registrations, PO Box 2329, Cardiff CF23 8YZ.
A booking form with credit card details or payment/remittance advice can also be faxed to: 02920546489.
Payment by invoice is available on request. A Purchase Order and booking form are required.
All bookings will be confirmed in writing.
You will not be registered for this event unless payment accompanies your application. Places cannot be held provisionally.
The RCN reserves the right to refuse any booking at any time.
To book your place please contact the RCN Events Registration team on 02920546460Monday to Friday (9am-4.30pm)
+44 (0) 2076473595
For any other queries relating to this conference please contact:
Tel +44 (0)2076473577
Fax +44 (0)2076473411
This Inaugural Clinical Research Nursing Day is an unrivalled opportunity for you to connect directly with nurses from across the UK.
How will this benefit you and your organisation?
•Engage with a nursing audience specifically in the field of clinical research nurses
•Showcase your organisation and explain directly to them how and why it will aid them in their work
•Connect using the extensive exhibition time with an engaged and high quality audience
Here are a list of exhibitors attending the conference:
- Cancer Research UK
Take the next step in your clinical career with PharmiWeb.Jobs, Europe’s Largest Life Sciences Job Board. Check and upload your CV to be seen by the biggest names in the industry or set up Job Alerts so the most suitable roles come to you. Visit our booth for more info.
There are a number of ways you can get involved; from networking to raise your profile, to tailored commercial packages to help achieve specific objectives, or even sponsorship of the event.
Places are limited, so contact the exhibitions team on 02076473959 or email email@example.com to discuss what we can do for you.
Page last updated - 29/04/2021