Leadership and Supervision for Delivery of Large Scale Vaccination
28 Jan 2021 16:30 - 18:00
The teaching will supplement the national training materials and provide additional support on consideration of key issues when setting up and running a vaccination programme including:
- Training requirements for staff involved in large scale vaccine delivery
- Roles and responsibilities of staff involved in mass vaccination
- Accountability and delegation
- Legislative framework for safe vaccine administration
- Medicines authorisation requirements for vaccine administration – Prescription or Patient Specific Direction (PSD) / Patient
- Group Direction (PGD) / National protocols
- Local planning, operating models and service planning
There will also be an opportunity to post questions in the chat which Helen and Heather will discuss in a question and answer session at the end of the webinar.
This will be the first of a series of webinars offering support to health care professionals who are leading vaccination clinics, whether these are large scale centres, Hospital Vaccination hubs, Primary Care Network programmes or mobile units. Each of the future webinars will provide an update on any changes, challenges or issues, with an expert panel and Q&A.
Don't forget to give feedback in the evaluation at the end of the webinar and download your self-learning certificate. In order to validate the learning gained we recommend that a reflection is completed and submitted with the certificate as part of any review.
Page last updated - 18/02/2021