20 Cavendish Square , Marylebone ,
Travel Health 2020 marks the 3rd edition of the joint RCN and NaTHNaC Travel Health Conference.
What challenges do you encounter when advising travellers?
Travel Health 2020 will provide a unique opportunity to learn how to address these challenges more effectively.
The programme includes travel vaccines, rheumatological conditions, mental health and travel with cancer.
There is an opportunity to bring your own cases to ask our panel of experts in a wide range of fields. You’ll leave feeling confident and ready for the challenge.
Who is the conference aimed at?
This event is aimed at nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals delivering travel health services.
Testimonials from 2019 delegates
“The expert panel was very informative”
“Great conference as always.”
“The content and speakers were great. I got a lot out of it and very relevant to my line of work.”
Tweet about the event using #travelhealth2020
20 Cavendish Square is located behind John Lewis, Oxford Street.
Visitor car parking
Q-Park Oxford Street is an underground car park situated underneath Cavendish Square. You can pre-book your parking by visiting the Q-Park website.
The nearest stations are Oxford Circus and Bond Street.
There are many buses routes that stop nearby, including the 10, 25, 55, 73, 98 and 390.
London has five major airports: London City, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton and London Stansted.
London Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted airports have dedicated express train services into central London.
London Heathrow and City airports are directly connected to the Tube network.
National Express, Easybus and Greenline coach transfers run 24 hours a day and start as low as £2 when booked in advance.
For more information on London as a destination please visit www.visitlondon.com; the official city guide to London.
View programme. Please note this is subject to change and a final programme will be available on the day of the event.
Programme highlights will include:
• challenging decisions on travel vaccines
• challenging cases - put your cases to an expert panel
• challenging travellers with medical conditions - workshops to include; fitness to travel, IBD, rheumatological conditions, mental health, and travel with cancer.
Please note. Delegates will have the option to attend one out of two streams. This is selected upon booking, on a first come, first served basis.
Challenging Travellers 1
Challenging Travellers 2
This session will cover these topics:
This session will cover these topics:
Need a helping hand with securing time off or funding to attend? Please download thesehelpful hints and tips as well as a template letter you can use.
• Accrue upto 7.5 hours of CPD to count towards your re-validation
• Take time out to reflect on your professional journey and current practice: what can you do to improve the patient experience and outcomes?
• Network with like-minded peers from across the UK, build professional relationships and share your experiences / ideas
• Discover how innovation will affect what you do and how you do it
• Recognise the need for a sound knowledge of national travel health vaccine recommendations and understand how to tailor these to an individual.
• Understand how new research which will shape the future of travel health.
• Be aware of the challenges presented by travellers with pre-existing health conditions and learn how to address their particular needs.
• Demonstrate competence by knowing where to source current
information, and when and how to seek expert advice.
Discounts available (max one per booking)
• 40 % discount - nursing student members (pre-registration only), associate retired RCN members, HCAs or APs
• 25% discount - Accredited RCN Trade Union Representatives
• 10% discount - Group discount when three or more delegates book together.
Online bookings are the easiest and fastest way to book 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Bookings can be made by phone with payment by credit card/Maestro, by calling: 02920546460. Lines are open from 9.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Bookings can also be made by post with a downloaded booking form with credit card details or payment/remittance advice posted to: Event registrations, PO Box 2329, Cardiff CF23 8YZ.
A booking form with credit card details or payment/remittance advice can also be faxed to: 02920546489.
Payment by invoice is available on request. A Purchase Order and booking form are required.
All bookings will be confirmed in writing.
You will not be registered for this event unless payment accompanies your application. Places cannot be held provisionally.
The RCN reserves the right to refuse any booking at any time.
This Travel Health conference and exhibition is an unrivalled opportunity for you to connect directly with nurses from across the UK.
How will this benefit you and your organisation?
Places are limited, so contact the exhibitions team on 02076473959 or email email@example.com to discuss what we can do for you.
|Stand Number||Company Name|
|2||VALNEVA UK LTD|
|4||Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow|
|6||Emergent Biosolutions (previously PAX VAX )|
To book your place please contact the RCN Events Registration team on 02920546460
Monday to Friday (9am-4.30pm)
For any other queries relating to this conference please contact:
Page last updated - 09/12/2019