RCN Fertility Nursing Forum Conference
Fertility Nursing through a global pandemic
02 Nov 2021 09:30 - 14:40
RCN Members: £80 + VAT Non-Member £120 +VAT
To book online using a credit/ debit card select ‘Book Now’. For all other payment methods check the ‘Fees’ tab.
CPD hours: 5
- Learning outcomes
- Conference information
- Fee and booking
- Contact us
Brought to you by the RCN Fertility Nursing Forum, this conference is an unmissable opportunity to get the latest updates and developments to enhance your professional practice and improve patient outcomes. There will be the opportunity to network and exchange views with like-minded professionals.
You will hear from expert speakers on a range of topics including:
• Implementing a virtual patient pathway
• Guidance on COVID-19 vaccines and the impact on fertility and early pregnancy
• COVID-19 HFEA regulations and the impact on clinics and patients
• Managing patient expectations through a global pandemic
• Covid fatigue, redeployment and mental health and wellbeing – the impact on nursing staff
• COVID-19 and the impact on fertility funding and waiting times
The event will be hosted on the global leading all in one virtual conference platform; Hopin.
Benefits of the virtual conference mean you can access all the content on demand at your leisure post-event.
Who should attend?
This conference will be of interest to nurses, midwives and health care assistants working in women’s services and reproductive health both within the NHS and independent sector.
What have previous RCN Fertility Nursing Forum Conference delegates said about the event?
“I left with such a swirling head of ideas how we could implement change & improve support & patient experience I had to write them all down… Thank you for such a brilliant day!”
“I really enjoyed today’s conference, and found the subjects really related to my work as a fertility nurse.”
“Best study day for a while”
Event learning outcomes
1. To provide information to delegates about the impact of COVID-19 on fertility nursing practice and highlight ways in which units and centres have implemented mechanisms to maintain covid safe environments.
2. To understand how the covid vaccination has and will impact fertility care and early pregnancy.
3. To understand how COVID-19 has caused delays to patients accessing fertility services and how this may impact the patient journey through our clinics.
4. Information and advice about where nurses can obtain further support from counsellors and other MDT members when experiencing COVID-19 pressures on service delivery.
Talk learning outcomesDiscover speaker biographies along with their talk summaries and learning outcomes. Download to view.
Our virtual venue: Hopin
The event will be hosted on the world leading all-in one virtual conference platform; Hopin, which enables a highly interactive and engaging experience.
Please note that this is a private event for registered delegates who will be required to have a valid conference booking.
View a short video introduction to help you navigate around our virtual venue, Hopin.
Access to the event
All delegates will be emailed a unique link and details of the Hopin verification process in the two weeks before to the conference.
If you’re unable to locate this email, check it hasn’t landed in your Spam/Junk folder, or gone to another email address you might have used to register with.
If you are still unable to locate the email or have any other queries, please email the Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 020 7647 3577
When you’ve arrived on the Hopin Registration page, you’ll be directed to sign in and complete your profile. The ‘Join the event button’ will be visible on when the event’s live.
For best results:
- use a computer if possible, preferably not more than 3 years old
- if using a tablet, please ensure you download Google Chrome and use this browser to enter Hopin
- using a personal device reduces the risk of organisational firewalls blocking access
- if using a work device with firewall protection, share this network guide with your IT department with the list of sites to whitelist (the link will open as the Network Connectivity Settings tab)
- close any programmes you do not need, and which also use your camera ex: Teams
- use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser and open in an incognito window
- if something goes wrong try refreshing your browser.
Updating your profile
When you first access the Hopin platform you’ll be prompted to set up your profile.
You can upload a photo, add your place of work, job title, social media contacts and a brief biography to give you more presence and support networking at the event.
One day virtual conference
Member: Pre-reg student, Retired, health practitioner
Member: RCN representatives, forum steering committee
Discounts available (max one per booking)
40 % discount - nursing student members (pre-registration only), associate retired RCN members, HCAs or Aps
25% discount - Accredited RCN Trade Union Representatives
10% discount - Group discount when three or more delegates book together.
Online bookings are the easiest and fastest way to book 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Bookings can be made by phone with payment by credit card/Maestro, by calling: +44 (0)2920546460. Lines are open from 9.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Bookings can also be made via email with a downloaded booking form with credit card details emailed to email@example.com
You will not be registered for this event unless payment accompanies your application. Places cannot be held provisionally.
The RCN reserves the right to refuse any booking at any time.
To pay by invoice
To pay by invoice you must send all of the below to firstname.lastname@example.org
• A copy of the Purchase Order document from your organisation or company (we cannot process your order without it)
• Your Finance department/accounts payable contact email address to receive an electronic copy of the invoice from us
• A completed RCN Events Booking Form for each delegate in the booking.
Once the invoice has been raised, you will then receive confirmation of your delegate booking on the event requested. Invoices are to be paid within 30 days of the invoice being issued.
This Fertility event is an unrivalled opportunity for you to connect directly with nurses from across the UK.
How will this benefit you and your organisation?
- Engage with a nursing audience specifically in the field of Fertility
- Showcase your organisation and explain directly to them how and why it will aid them in their work
- Connect using the extensive exhibition time with an engaged and high quality audience
There are a number of ways you can get involved; from networking to raise your profile, to tailored commercial packages to help achieve specific objectives, or even sponsorship of the event.
Places are limited, so contact the exhibitions team on 02076473959 or email email@example.com to discuss what we can do for you.
Exhibitors exhibiting at conference:
- Besins Healthcare UK - If you are new to online exhibiting watch Besins Healthcare is a pharmaceutical company specialising in the development of innovative drugs for the well-being of men and women throughout their life. Over the last 30 years, Besins has established a strong and reputable name in the production of drugs for the treatment of gynaecological and fertility conditions as well as androgen deficiency and has become a renowned player in the area of hormonal therapies.
- Vitrolife - The unique design of Sense provides improved patient comfort. The reduced tip creates less bleeding and less pain. The cross-section surface area of the Sense needle tip is 59% less than a conventional 17G needle however the rigidity and flow are maintained.
- Merck Serono Limited
Please see our short guide to find out how to get the most out of using Hopin our virtual events platform
- To book your place, please contact the Events Registration Team (Mon – Fri 9am – 4.30pm)
Tel:+44 (0)29 2054 6460
- If you have a general query please contact the Events Team:
Tel:+44 (0)20 7647 3578
Event Organiser - Melissa Askam
Tel: +44 (0)20 7647 3595
Page last updated - 25/10/2021