Sustainability Nursing Conference: Making greener nursing and midwifery practice a reality
11 Oct 2022 09:15 - 15:15
CPD hours: 6
Human activity is driving global warming at an alarming rate. Extreme temperatures, air pollution, drought and floods affect all nations – including the UK and Republic of Ireland.
This climate emergency is also a health emergency. As nurses and midwives, we must act now as a profession to safeguard our patients and services from the effects of a warming world.
This joint RCN and NHS England conference builds on the aspirations of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Join us as we raise awareness of the impact of care provision on greenhouse gas emissions, and explore the opportunities this challenge presents to improve health and care services.
This conference is free and open to anyone working in nursing or midwifery in all care settings.
Delegate places for this conference are limited. If you’re unable to attend, please contact the Events Registration team to cancel your place. This way, we can offer it to someone else should the event become fully booked.
This event will be hosted on Hopin. See ‘Conference details’ tab above for more information.
Benefits of attending include:
- Accruing up to 6 hours of CPD to count towards your revalidation
- Hearing the latest science on the impact of sustainability
- Learning how health and care delivery contributes to climate change hearing from international nurses as they share the latest global nursing and midwifery sustainability developments
- Reflecting on the professional response to sustainability and learning how to engage others
- Entering the Dragon’s Den with your innovative ideas about how to improve health and care sustainability. The best ideas will receive funding. More information to come.
- Networking, sharing best practice and collaborating with peers
This conference is open to all:
- nurses and midwives
- student nurses
- nursing support workers
- allied health professionals working in any care setting.
Our virtual venue
This event is hosted on Hopin, the world leading, all-in-one virtual conference platform that enables attendees to connect, learn and interact live with people anywhere.
Please note this is a private event for registered delegates who have a valid conference booking. Registered delegates will also be able to view recorded content after the event.
We recommend watching this short video introduction to the platform before the event.
Delegates can expect to receive their Hopin joining instructions by email in the two weeks leading up to the event.
If you have registered for the event using a work email address, there are occasions when firewall settings can block the email reaching you. If you’re unable to locate your joining instructions, please contact a member of the events team on 0207 647 3577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, if you do not already have a Hopin account, you will be asked to create one and agree to Hopin’s terms and conditions before accessing the event.
Updating your profile
When you first access the Hopin platform, you’ll be prompted to set up your profile.
You can upload a photo, add your place of work, job title, social media contacts and a brief biography to give you more presence and support networking at the event.
After the event
Please take a few minutes to complete the evaluation at the end of the event. All answers will be treated in the strictest confidence and will help us to shape future events, both online and face to face.
You will also be able to download your self-learning certificate from this webpage following the event. In order to validate the learning gained we recommend that a reflection is completed and submitted with the certificate as part of any review.
In preparation for the event, we recommend the following:
Check your equipment
- Use a computer or laptop if possible, preferably not more than 3 years old
- If using a mobile device, please ensure that you use Safari on iOS (tablet) or Google Chrome on Android (mobile phone.)
Check your browser
- Use the latest versions of Google Chrome on your computer or laptop
- Open the event in incognito or private browser window
- If you are accessing Hopin using the App, please be aware that functionality maybe limited
Check your internet connection
Run a speed test before the event to check your bandwidth internet connection.
If the result is poor, you may need to consider a different location or use an ethernet cable between your computer or laptop and internet hub.
- Check that you have followed the advice above for the best experience using Hopin
- If using a work device with firewall protection, share this network guide with your IT department ahead of the event with the list of sites to whitelist
- Close all other applications or programmes on your device including Microsoft Teams
- Refresh your browser
- Turn off your camera to improve connectivity
- Make sure that nobody else in your household is using the internet as this could affect your bandwidth internet connection
- Restart your computer
Page last updated - 10/08/2022