On 29 March Health Education England launched a consultation on restructuring the organisation. HEE staff can access the restructure consultation document via HEE Connect (the HEE staff Intranet).The original dates of the HEE consultation were from 29 April to 9am on 23 May 2017. Following national discussions and representation from Brian Morton (RCN National Officer for Health Education England), as well as other unions, HEE have agreed an extension to the consultation period.
The main HEE consultation will now close on 13 June with the consultation for the Post Graduate Medical and Dental Education (PGMDE) directorate closing on 26 June (due to a delayed start of this part of the consultation).
The RCN intends to respond to the consultation and is seeking the opinions of members employed by HEE.
RCN members employed by HEE should;
- review the HEE document “A consultation on proposed changes within HEE to secure long-term cost reductions” (available on HEE Connect, the HEE staff Intranet),
- email Brian Morton with comments for the RCN response by 10am on Friday 2 June 2017 (updated deadline date)
- provide feedback on the proposals through any local HEE consultation meetings
- contact RCND on 0345 772 6100 (8.30am to 8.30pm);
- for advice and support
- for referral to regional RCN office if further support required
- to ensure that membership details are up to date.
Brian Morton, RCN National Officer for HEE, said, “Significant savings are being required of HEE before the end of March 2020. HEE are planning to make the changes by 31 December 2017. This HEE consultation is about proposals for a large-scale restructure in the organisation. We are anxious to know our members views on these proposals so that we can respond. RCN members employed by HEE should contact me with their feedback.”