- Nil - for less than one year's continuous service
- Six months - for between one and two years' continuous service
- 12 months - for between two and three years' continuous service
- 18 months - for between three and five years' continuous service
- 24 months - for at least five years' continuous service
We are seeking members' views
This is the most that we believe can be achieved through negotiation and we are seeking members' views.
Please complete our one-question survey as soon as possible and by 5pm on Friday 24 February 2017 at the latest.
The joint trade unions negotiated a number of improvements on the Trust’s original proposal – including the retention of increments and pay awards due during the period of protection, which the Trust had intended not to apply.The Trust rejected our request for the maximum two-year period of protection to be followed by a graduated reduction to the lower pay level over the next three years. We asked for this to make the reduction more manageable for affected staff, considering that NHS pay is 14% lower in real terms than it was in 2010.