The committee will work to ensure the RCN develops as a modern progressive trade union making a positive difference to the working lives of nursing staff.
The following members have been elected:
- Carol Evans (Eastern region)
- Neil Thompson (East Midlands)
- Karen Sanders (London)
- Michael Appleby (Northern)
- Fiona Devlin (Northern Ireland)*
- Mike Travis (North West)*
- Diane Coleman (Scotland)
- Liz Jeremiah (South East)
- Lorrae Allford (South West)*
- Gaynor Jones (Wales)*
- Tracey Budding (West Midlands)
- Andrew Bassett-Scott Toogood (Yorkshire & the Humber)*
- Karen Pike (health practitioner member)
- Katharine Youngs (student member).
Newly elected member for the Yorkshire & the Humber region, Andy Bassett-Scott Toogood, said: "When I found out I had been elected I was over the moon. It will be an honour to represent my region. I feel that as a new committee we have such a lot to offer our members as now is such a challenging time for nursing and more than ever we need to be a ‘union’.”
Elections for the RCN Professional Nursing Committee, which will fulfil a vital role in helping the RCN to achieve its purpose as a royal college, will open on Monday.