The Brownlee-Silverdale Leadership Award, sponsored by Silverdale Care Home, is open to registered nurses working in a leadership role in health and social care or the independent sector in Northern Ireland.
Candidates must demonstrate that, through good leadership of nursing staff, they have improved services for patients or clients.
Nominees for the Brownlee- Silverdale Leadership Award must currently be a registered nurse or midwife from Northern Ireland. Please check that the person you wish to nominate is content for you to nominate them. Nominations must be made by someone who is familiar with the work of the nominee.
How to apply
Complete the nomination form and a 500 word summary of how the nominee meets the following criteria:
• That they have excelled in a strategic leadership role and are recognised by colleagues and senior management for this
• Demonstrates that they are an ambassador who can work across all disciplines and influence in a strategic manner, respecting others
• They are a strategic nurse leader who can be visionary and demonstrates innovation and creativity
• They are a reflective practitioner who continuously learns from evidence, patients and service users feedback
• That they demonstrate leadership through developing skilled and competent staff
• Their ability to listen and to adapt in response to each situation
• They are an advocate for nurses and nursing.