The Cancer Nurse Award, sponsored by Macmillan Cancer Support is open to registered nurses working in a cancer care in Northern Ireland. This award will recognise an exemplary person-centred cancer nurse who constantly strives to improve patient experience and outcomes of care in everyday practice.
Nominees for the Cancer Nurse Award must currently be a registered nurse in Northern Ireland. Please check that the person you wish to nominate is content for you to nominate them. Nominations must be made by someone who is familiar with the work of the nominee.
How to apply
Fill out the application form and complete a 500 word summary showing evidence of:
• Consistently providing holistic, person-centred care. Seeing the person before the cancer and seeking to address what matters to patients
• Working in partnership with each patient, sharing decision-making and co-producing care plans to ensure the best health and well being outcomes for the individual
• Effective communication, skilled at engaging in meaningful conversations with people affected by cancer and providing appropriate information and support
• Professional credibility and effectively engaging with other members of the multi-disciplinary team. A skilled nurse, strong patient advocate and recognised role model who strives to develop their own expertise in practice
• Demonstrating leadership to improve practice and/or service delivery. Identifying where improvements were needed and taking action to address this.