The Nursing Research Award, sponsored by Ulster University, is open to all registered nurses and midwives working in all health care settings in Northern Ireland and aims to recognise and reward quality and excellence in research.
Nominees for the Nursing Research Award must be either in the process of completing their research in Northern Ireland or have completed it within six months of entering the competition. Please check that the person you wish to nominate is content for you to nominate them. Nominations must be made by someone who is familiar with the work of the nominee.
How to applyFill out the application form and complete a summary of the information required below. Candidates should demonstrate their leading role in the research undertaken and include the following in their application:
- study title
- a short abstract representing a synopsis of the completed study, including the reasons for undertaking the work and when the study took place
- three key findings
- the implications of the research for practice, education and management
- the three most important lessons learned from undertaking this study
- how the researcher has disseminated the findings or plans to do so
- how the researcher proposes to build on this research work.