Innovation is an essential component of nursing to stimulate the quality of care for people in ways that are more productive and cost-effective.
About the award: This award is intended to recognise nurses and midwives who improve the care of people through innovation. Nominators should provide a clear narrative explaining why the nominee developed the innovation and how the change has improved the experience and outcome of care.
WHO CAN BE NOMINATED?
Nurses registered on all parts of the NMC register who are:
• Working at any level within a clinical role or managing clinical services within Wales
• Practicing in any sector for example; Independent or Third sectors, Higher or Further Education, NHS, or Local Authority
• Able to demonstrate that their work is commensurate with national policy and strategy within health and social care
• Through effective leadership is able to demonstrate a positive contribution to an innovative development that has made a difference to people receiving care
• Use of a credible evidence-base and / or developing an evidence base to under pin their work for the project for which they are being nominated
• Able to demonstrate a safe governance framework for the service or innovation being described for which they are being nominated
• Able to clearly demonstrate the benefits the work has had for patients, clients, families and colleagues
• Through service evaluation, patient involvement and / or other means, is able to demonstrate a positive impact
• Show commitment to and passion for the nursing profession, going the “extra mile” demonstrating a “can do” positive attitude
Please read the nomination form guidance note before beginning your submission.