Accessibility at Congress
We want all delegates to feel welcome at Congress, in an environment that supports equity for all those attending.
We have ensured the following measures are in place:
- The venue (ICC Wales) is fully accessible for wheelchair users or those with specific access requirements.
- There is level access from outside, and lift access to the venue from the underground car park. There is also lift access between floors within the building. The main hall (where the debates take place) will have space for wheelchair users.
- Within the main hall, subtitles will be displayed on the screen whilst debates are in progress.
- ICC Wales utilises a Sennheiser MobileConnect system throughout all spaces. This is an app that delegates can download to their own device and provides a real-time audio stream over WiFi.
- It’s easy to use and is available on IoS and Android systems.
- There are accessible toilets on all floors.
- The venue has a Changing Places facility for delegates. This room can be found on the ground floor, near rooms 7 and 8.
- Hidden disability sunflower lanyards will be available on the Registration Desk. These lanyards are a simple tool for you to voluntarily share that you have a disability or condition that may not be immediately apparent – and that you may need a helping hand, understanding, or more time in public spaces.
- There is a dedicated quiet room at the ICC, it has low lighting, and a ‘quiet please’ and ‘no food’ policy.
- To see a video of the venue, please view the following:
- Entrance to venue and tour around first and second floor
- Main hall (which will be home to the exhibition and the main debating stage)
If you have any queries about the accessibility of RCN Congress, please contact email@example.com.