If you work in Jersey, this is your branch. The branch also has a Facebook page which you are invited to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RCNJersey/
As well as the committee, the branch also has a Vice Chair - Maureen Degruchy (Mo).
This branch is very active and always has lots of events on - please see below for details about the work on Workforce Modernisation.
These are the meetings that we have scheduled to discuss Workforce Modernisation:
- Wednesday 22nd November, Room 3 Education Centre General Hospital, Session 1: 5pm to 6-15pm Session 2: 6-30pm to 7.45pm
- Wednesday 29th November, Room 3 Education Centre General Hospital, Session 1: 5pm to 6-15pm Session 2: 6.30pm to 7.45pm
- Monday 4th December, Room 1 Education Centre General Hospital, Open Drop in Session for members: 5pm to 9pm
- Tuesday 5th December, Room 3 Education Centre General Hospital, Session 1* 5pm to 6-15pm; Session 2* 6-30pm to 7-45pm; Session 3* 8pm to 9pm
- Wednesday 6th December, Room 3 Education Centre General Hospital, Open drop in session for members* 3pm to 7pm
- Thursday 7th December, Visits to Orchard House/ Clinque Pinel Between 9am and 12.30pm *
Rosewood House/Sandybrook: Specific times to be confirmed
The format for all sessions will be a short presentation then an open discussion.
There will be at least two activists at all meetings and sessions marked with * our RCN Regional Officer Di Francis will be present
Tea and coffee available at all sessions Please make time to come to as many as you feel you need to.
What is happening with workforce modernisation?
You may not be aware that Workforce modernisation is being done in 2 phases:
Civil Servants, Manual Workers, Nurses and Midwives Family support workers, Le Geyt, RCCO’s, Ambulance, Energy for Waste and Youth Service
Teachers, Lecturers, Heads and Deputy head teachers, Fire Service, Police Service, Prison officers and unit managers, Chief Officers and Senior Civil Servants.
In January we wrote to the employer on your behalf to ask to meet to discuss pay for 2017 as the previous deal had been for 2015/16 The other unions also wrote to discuss Pay in 2017. The RPI in September 2016 was 1.7%
At a meeting with the Employer on 11th October 2017 they said that pay groups in phase 1 of Workforce Modernisation Agreement pay for 2017 would be addressed in the final offer. Pay groups in Phase 2 were made an offer of 0.7% for 2017. This offer was unanimously rejected.
In a Letter from the employer to the Joint Unions on the 19th October 2017 the employer improved their offer.
Pay groups in phase 2 were now being offered 2% consolidated from 1st January 2017.
Pay Groups in phase 1 were offered 1% consolidated from 1st January 2017 and the pay within the WFM agreement would also be uplifted from the proposed implementation date of the 1st July 2017. The employer said that for the majority of pay groups in Phase 1 this offer would equate to 2% or greater.
We felt it was important you know this when you are considering the WFM final offer.
When we meet with you to consult please use this time to share your thoughts on this aspect of the offer also.
If you have any queries you should contact Kenny McNeil, Chairman Royal College Of Nursing, Jersey Branch, by calling 01534 444544 or 07797 892112.