The RCN South East board meets three times each year. Board meetings are comprised of two parts: one confidential session and one open session.
Any RCN South East member is able to observe the open session by emailing your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org You can also request board meeting minutes or to contact a board member.
The Board meeting dates for 2022 are:
- 10 February
- 26 May
- 15 September.
The Board also hosts bi-monthly Coffee and Chat sessions that are open to all members. This is your opportunity to meet the Board at an informal session, hear the latest updates and ask the Board any questions you like.
All sessions are 6pm to 7pm on the following dates:
- 16 February
- 27 April
- 22 June
- 24 August
- 19 October
- 7 December
Please contact RegionalAdmin.Croydon@rcn.org.uk to be added to the mailing list to receive the Microsoft Teams link for these sessions. Reps and Branch Execs - you will be sent the link automatically.
All RCN meetings are currently held virtually.
The board members have to disclose any interests: How the RCN is governed (scroll down to 'Register of Interests' box towards bottom of page).
The main points from the February 2022 Board meeting:
- The South East Board are running a session entitled “How to develop a thriving branch” from 9am – 12pm on Friday 11th March. Branch members of all levels of experience are welcome. If you don’t already have the link in your diary, please email email@example.com
- We discussed the importance of recording safe staffing incidents on Datix, and continuing to shine a light on this issue and encouraging people to ask for safe staffing data at JSCCs.
- Jersey NRNs being guaranteed jobs in nursing is impacting the skills mix, and some of these NRNs are considering leaving nursing within their first year. A more widespread concern is that staff who have only worked during a pandemic may not be aware that practices which were considered safe during Covid are very different in other times, and these staff need support in terms of safe staffing. We talked about preceptorship for NRNs and NSWs. The South East Board will continue to discuss this matter and how we can best support our members.
- New learning and development pathway to be launched in September 2022. There are two pilots running at the moment and findings from these will feed into the new process.
- The role of Board links was discussed and agreed to be a two-way relationship with both branches and Board members sharing knowledge and information.
- An experienced external company has been appointed to undertake a governance review, including the roles of committees, Chairs of Councils, and their terms of reference. Findings will be shared in due course.
- The next South East Board / branch development days are planned for week commencing 7th March. Dates to be confirmed ASAP.