Members in Guernsey will be aware that the RCN is campaigning hard for a meaningful payrise for all AfC members.
On 7 October an email ballot will be sent to all eligible members asking them to vote on the pay offer. We have some documents that may help you when you are making up your mind as to how to vote:
- Job comparison chart. This compares jobs on Guernsey to nursing jobs highlighting the skill sets required and pay for each.
- Pay chart. This looks at how the pay uplift would affect each band alongside each Civil Service (PIP) band.
- Band 7 and 8 differentials. This chart looks in depth at the future of bands 7 and 8 assuming current proposals.
The pay ballot closes at 10pm on 27 October. If you have any questions about the ballot, please find one of the working group that includes: Steve Mundy, Mandy Davies, Mark Byrne, Kenny Lloyd, Mary Avery John Eaton, Gary Whitwam, Claire Rigler, Caroline Yorke, Carol Pearson, Alison Place, Helena Avery and Tammy Bourgaize. They are all happy to answer any questions you may have.
The pay offer is:
- 5% increase to all pay scales and allowances (in line with normal practice) to apply from 1 January 2019 for a one year period.
- 5% increase to all pay scales and allowances (in line with normal practice) for bands up to and including Band 7 to apply from 1 January 2020 for a one year period.
- 3% increase to all pay scales and allowances (in line with normal practice) for band above 7 to apply from 1 January 2020 for a one year period.
There will be an RCN Guernsey Open Branch meeting on the 16 October from 6pm to 8pm in Rooms 1/2 IHSC to discuss the offer and what next steps members want to take in response. This is an RCN meeting however we are opening it to all staff on an AfC contract and expect the RCM and Prospect to attend. Please do try and come if possible.