North West Region
Welcome to the regional webpage for the RCN North West region.
Regional e-Newsletter: August 2015 issue
The August issue of the North West Members eNewsletter is now available. It carries news, views, information and events details from across the region. Read and download the August issue (PDF 1.63 MB). The regional e-Newsletter is designed to keep members in the North West up to date. If you have any news or stories you'd like included, then please email email@example.com.
You can also read previous issues of the Member e-Newsletters here.
Branch Annual General Meetings (AGM's)
The branch AGM is where you can play a major role in shaping the future of your branch. You can have your say on how your local branch is run and learn more about the activities the branch undertakes. You can also contribute to discussions about the branch's priorities for the coming year; elect the branch executive committee; and ratify the accreditation of local RCN representatives. Why not stand for election yourself to the branch executive committee.
So if you're a member, please do come along and get more involved with your local RCN and ensure that your voice is heard on the issues that matter to you.
- 5 October 2015: Lancashire East Branch AGM. From 5-7pm, RCN Bolton Office, Chesham House, St George’s Square, Bolton, BL1 2HB. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7 October: Greater Manchester Branch AGM meeting & learning event on Ebola with Phil Broad. Learning event from 5-6pm, followed by branch meeting from 6-7pm in the Post Graduate Centre, North Manchester Hospital, Manchester. Contact: email@example.com
- 7 October: Manchester Central Branch AGM. From 4.30pm in the Boardroom, Ronald McDonald House, MRI, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9WL. Contact: Jayne.firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 October: Cheshire East Branch AGM. From 4.30-6.30pm, Trafford Hall, Manor Chase, Ince Lane, Chester, CH2 4JP. Contact: email@example.com
- 15 October: Cheshire West Branch AGM. From 4.30-6.30pm, Trafford Hall, Manor Chase, Ince Lane, Chester, CH2 4JP. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20 October: Greater Liverpool & Knowsley Branch AGM. From 5-7pm: 155-157 Edge Lane, Liverpool, L7 2PF. Contact: Suzanne.email@example.com
- 22 October: Isle of Man branch AGM. From 3-6pm, Seminar Room 2, Keyll Darree, Nobles Hospital, Braddan. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 28 October: Lancashire West Branch AGM. From 3-5pm, Room 1 of the Education Centre at Blackpool Hospital. Contact: email@example.com
- Greater Liverpool & Knowsley branch event: NMC revalidation seminar - 8 September. The seminar will look at: what revalidation means for members; lessons learnt from the pilot sites and how to develop your portfolio. The seminar will be held from 5pm-7.00pm at Liverpool Innovation Park, 2nd floor, Babbage House, Liverpool Community Health, Digital way, Liverpool, L7 9NJ. More information (PDF 201 KB). To reserve your place contact RCN Event registration phone 02920 546460 or book online.
- Lancashire West branch event: NMC revalidation seminar - 28 September. The seminar will tell you all you need to know about NMC proposals for revalidation and what you need to do. Keynote speaker is Linda Ward, Deputy Director of Nursing, Quality and Safety, NHS England. Two sessions are available: 2pm–4pm or 5pm–7pm. The seminar will be held at the McDonald Tickled Trout Hotel, Preston New Road, Samlesbury, Preston PR5 OUJ (just off M6 junction 31). More information (PDF 184 KB). To reserve your place contact RCN Event registration phone 02920 546460 or book online.
- Cheshire West branch event: 'Home alone', The future of integrated health and social care services conference - 15 October. The branch is hosting a free one-day conference for members on Thursday 15 October 2015 at the Trafford Hall Hotel, Ince Lane, Chester. More information (PDF 325 KB). To book your place contact RCN Event registration phone 02920 546460.
North West regional conference: 'Making a mark' - 26 November
Nursing has a long history of developing and driving improvements in care that go beyond the work of early pioneers Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole. That tradition has been kept alive and well in the North West. Earlier this year to mark Nurses Day, RCN North West highlighted some of the innovative and new approaches to patient care in a regional publication, ‘Making a mark: Nursing innovations in the north-west’.
To coincide with the regional publication, this years annual regional conference will also celebrate examples of good practice and innovation across the region. The conference, which is free to RCN members, will be held on Thursday 26 November 2015, from 9.30am to 4.30pm in Warrington. Guest speakers include: Andrea Spyropoulos, clinical strategist, Alder Hey Hospital and former RCN President; RCN Fellow, Alan Finnegan; Pauline Law, Deputy Director of Nursing at Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust; Naomi Holder, Associate Director of Nursing, Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Trust; and many more. More information (PDF 419 KB).
RCN North West Practice Nurse Education Trust Fund
Do need help with funding for a period of study or learning. Are you a practice nurse working in the RCN North West Region. Then this might be for you. The North West Practice Nurse Education fund provides financial assistance to enable practice nurses working in the region to undertake a period of study, usually leading to a qualification or may also help an applicant to attend an appropriate professional conference or study day. Find out more and how to apply. Alternatively, contact Jill Lloyd, Regional Service Manager, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RCN 'What IF' pay campaign
Find out more about the RCN 'What IF' campaign in the North West.
RCN North West is committed to providing members with a first class service as we seek to deliver the RCN's mission of 'representing nurses and nursing, promoting excellence in practice and shaping health policy'. You can contact RCN North West region by emailing our office, email email@example.com.