The Devon branch meetings aim to support members in practice, education and continuing development. We are forward thinking and always looking for new ideas, ways of working and developing the branch. We welcome members looking to become more involved, perhaps by becoming an RCN representative or by simply attending meetings and bringing along your passion for nursing and supporting nursing staff in a variety of areas. With such a wide knowledge base and diverse areas of expertise within the branch, we always provide good peer support to all representatives, wherever they work.
Branch meetingsDevon branch meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month.
Come along to find out more about what we do and have your voice heard. If you would like more information, or to book your place, please email Kevin Hickson: email@example.com.
We plan to have different topics for each session. If you are interested in any topic which you would like us to cover, please feel free to contact Kevin, and we will endeavour to facilitate this.
Meeting dates 2017
- 7 February - talk on domestic violence by representatives from the Twelves Company and Splitz Devon Domestic Abuse Support Services.
- 7 March - talk on pensions
- 4 April - possible talk on sustainability and transformation plans
- 2 May - 'mole patrol': talk on skin cancer and sun damage.
- 6 June - talk on Congress issues (such as the Devon branch resolution on autism)
- 4 July - suicide awareness and prevention
- 5 September - topic to be confirmed
- November - talk by Keith Watkins, a police custody nurse whose career has spanned mental health nursing, the police, and the Territorial Army.
We are active in all areas of the NHS and private sector in and around the Exeter and North Devon area.
All RCN members who work in Devon are welcome to attend our branch meetings. Come and meet the team and influence your local RCN.
Stay in touch on social media
You can request to join our closed RCN Devon branch Facebook group and follow us on Twitter @RCNDevon.
Others will be able to see a list of members but unless you are a member you will not be able to see the posts within the group.
You can also follow the RCN South West region on Twitter: @RCNSWComms and like the RCN South West Facebook page.
Finding this page
You can always get back to this page using the short link www.rcn.org.uk/devon.