Primary Care Nurse Award
Sponsored by GP Federations Northern Ireland
Primary Care Nurse Award for nurses employed by General Practice or GP Federations
Nurses in Primary Care work collaboratively with key stakeholders and have a unique opportunity to improve the health and wellbeing of the local population, though nursing services which range from health promotion and prevention of ill health, early detection, to the management of chronic conditions and advanced practice.
This award aims to recognise/celebrate a registered nurse employed by a General Practice or GP Federation who has made an outstanding contribution in their local area/practice resulting in improved patient care and/ or outcomes.
Who can be nominated?
Nominees for the GP Federation Award must be a registered nurse employed by a General Practice or a GP Federation in Northern Ireland. Please check that the person you wish to nominate is content for you to nominate them. Nominations are invited from fellow health care professionals/Practice Managers who are familiar with the work of the nominee.
How to apply?
Fill out the application form and complete a summary (up to 500 words) showing evidence of:
- Exceptional delivery of safe, effective person-centred care with patients in primary care.
- Innovative delivery of primary care services, demonstrating the ability to think creatively and problem-solve.
- Collaborative working with colleagues, delivering services to improve access to Primary Care, the patient experience, health outcomes and nursing practice.
- The impact/benefits the work has had for patients, clients, families, and colleagues.
- Commitment to and passion for the nursing profession, going over and above the requirements of the role, to make a significant contribution.
Please read the nomination form guidance note before beginning your submission.
Please note you will not be able to save the form, it must be completed in one go.
GP Federations Northern Ireland
Page last updated - 09/02/2024