Primary Care Nursing Award
Nurses in Primary Care work collaboratively with key stakeholders and have a unique opportunity to serve the health and nursing needs of the local population, ranging from health promotion and prevention of ill health, early detection, management of chronic conditions and advanced practice.
Nominations illustrating innovation, creativity and sustainability for people receiving primary care nursing services are particularly welcome.
About the Award: This award celebrates the achievement of Registered Nurses who have made an outstanding contribution to the care of people from a primary care perspective.
• Working at any level within a clinical role or managing clinical services within primary care in Wales
- Able to demonstrate that their work is commensurate with national policy and strategy within health and social care
- Through effective leadership is able to demonstrate a positive contribution to an innovative development that has made a difference to people receiving care
- Use of a credible evidence-base to under pin their work for the project for which they are being nominated, for example, published in a peer reviewed journal, or used to inform national clinical guidelines
- Able to demonstrate a safe governance framework for the service or innovation being described for which they are being nominated, e.g. systems to support the quality and accountability of the service or innovation.
- Able to clearly demonstrate the benefits the work has had for patients, clients, families and colleagues
- Through service evaluation, patient involvement and / or other means, is able to demonstrate a positive impact
- Show passion for the nursing profession by going the “extra mile” demonstrating a “can do” positive attitude