RCN in Wales Nurse of the Year Awards 2018
The Royal College of Nursing in Wales will be holding its seventh annual RCN in Wales Nurse of the Year Awards in City Hall, Cardiff on Wednesday 14 November 2018. This esteemed ceremony showcases the value of the nursing contribution across all sectors in Wales and is a unique opportunity for individuals to be recognised for their outstanding achievements, including their positive influence on best nursing practice and improving the care given to individuals and communities in Wales.
The awards exist to ensure that individual members of the nursing family working in any sector, are both recognised and rewarded for their work, which illustrates the exceptional standard of nursing practice in Wales, as well as the wider nursing community as a whole.
Each year we receive a record number of nominations which highlight the immense contribution of nursing here in Wales. We are looking forward to once again celebrating the best and brightest members of the nursing family working within all sectors. Previous winners have originated from within every aspect of nursing and have seen prestigious outcomes from receiving their awards – including bringing influence to professional and political arenas, the publication of articles in nursing journals to presenting at high profile conferences or being interviewed by the Welsh media, all of which provides an opportunity to highlight their individual areas of practice.
This year, there are 18 award nomination categories. As well as the prestige associated with these awards, category winners will receive a trophy as well as a monetary award on the night, and the overall winner will receive the accolade of the RCN in Wales Nurse of the Year 2018.
All registered nurses and midwives practicing in Wales, pre-registration nursing students and health care support workers across all sectors, are eligible to enter.
Nominations are closed for 2018 and shortlisting is now underway
Shortlisting is now taking place to determine which successful nominees will be invited to attend the interview stage of the process. Shortlisted nominees will be informed by the end of August. Confirmed dates for interviews for the award categories are as follows:
- Tuesday 4th September 2018 - Safeguarding Award
- Monday 10th September - Community Nursing Award;
- Monday 10th September - Supporting Improvement Through Research Award
- Monday 10th September - Suzanne Goodall Paediatric Nursing Award
- Thursday 13th September - Children and Midwifery Award
- Thursday 13th September - Health Care Support Worker Award
- Thursday 13th September - Primary Care Nursing Award
- Friday 14th September - Advanced and Specialist Nursing Award
- Friday 14th September - Registered Nurse (Adult) Award
- Monday 17th September - Nursing Student Award
- Tuesday 18th September - Mentorship Award
- Tuesday 18th September - Older People's Commissioner for Wales Award
- Wednesday 19th September - Innovation in Nursing Award
- Thursday 20th September - Mental Health and Learning Disabilities Award
- Thursday 20th September - Nurse Education Award
- Friday 21st September - Chief Nursing Officer for Wales Award
- Friday 21st September - Improving Individual and Population Health Award
- Monday 24th September - Lifetime Achievement Award