About the award: This award aims to recognise a nurse or midwife who has made an outstanding contribution to improving individual and/or population health, including the introduction of changes that lead to innovative health improvement or health protection interventions or programmes.
WHO CAN BE NOMINATED?
Nurses registered on all parts of the NMC register who are:
• Working in generic, specialist, leadership, academic or management roles within Wales
• Practicing in any sector for example; NHS, Local Authority, Third and Independent Sectors.
• Able to demonstrate that their work relates to a relevant public health model or health framework and that the approach to promoting health and/or reducing the impact of disease or health harming behaviours is commensurate with national policy and strategy within health and social care
• Through effective leadership is able to demonstrate a central contribution to an innovative development that has made a difference to people receiving care and/or services
• Use of a credible evidence-base and / or developing an evidence base to under pin their work for the project for which they are being nominated
• Able to demonstrate a safe governance framework for the intervention, service or innovation being described for which they are being nominated
• Able to clearly demonstrate the benefits the work has had for patients, service users, families, communities and colleagues
• Through service evaluation, patient/service user involvement and / or other means, is able to demonstrate a positive impact on improving health
• Show commitment to and passion for the nursing profession, going the “extra mile” demonstrating a “can do” positive attitude
Please read the nomination form guidance note before beginning your submission.