Registered Nurses provide care to adults who need clinical nursing care and may practice in a variety of care settings. Registered Nurses working with adults operate in a dynamic clinical environment which is constantly changing not least to embrace innovations in healthcare technology and advancements in research and best practice.
About the award: This award aims to recognise a Registered Nurse who has made an outstanding contribution to the care of adults.
WHO CAN BE NOMINATED?
A Registered Nurse (Adult) who is:
• Working at any level within a clinical role or managing clinical services within Wales
• Practising within the Independent or Third sectors, NHS, or Local Authority.
- Able to demonstrate that their work relates to national policy and strategy within health and/ or social care
- Through effective leadership able to demonstrate a positive contribution to an innovative development that has made a difference to people receiving care
- Use of a credible evidence-base and/ or developing an evidence base to under pin their work for the project for which they are being nominated
- Able to demonstrate a safe governance framework for the service or innovation being described for which they are being nominated
- Able to clearly demonstrate benefits the work has had for patients, clients, families and colleagues
- Through service evaluation, patient involvement and / or other means, is able to demonstrate a positive impact
- Show passion for the nursing profession by going the "extra mile" demonstrating a "can do" positive attitude