What is the Nurse Staffing Levels (Wales) Act 2016?
- The Nurse Staffing Levels (Wales) Act 2016 became law on 21st March 2016.
- Health Boards now have a legal duty to regard the importance of ensuring appropriate levels of nurse staffing in all settings.
- In adults acute medical and surgical settings calculated and maintained, according to specified methodology.
- Health Boards will have a duty to report on compliance with staffing requirements and take action if failings occur.
- The Welsh Government has issued guidance on how to determine appropriate staffing levels.