About the award: This award aims to recognise a truly exceptional Registered Nurse who is recognised as providing a lasting contribution to the nursing profession.
WHO CAN BE NOMINATED?
Registered Nurses who are:
• Working at any level in education, practice or management settings within Wales
• Nominees must be a practising nurse at the time of nomination
• Practicing in any sector for example; Independent and Third sectors, Higher or Further Education, NHS, or Local Authority
• A practising nurse who has significantly improved patient care within their area of practice
• Recognised as having sustained accomplishments that have significantly advanced the status of nursing at a local, national or international level
• Able to demonstrate track record of progressive leadership, and will have inspired advanced nursing practice
• Recognised as being an expert in their field, having delivered measurable improvements in the quality of care
• Respected for the contribution that they have made to advancing the nursing profession through mentoring, supporting and influencing the career development of other nurses
• Able to demonstrate that their work is commensurate with national policy and strategy within health and social care
• Through effective leadership is able to demonstrate a positive contribution to an innovative development that has made a difference to people receiving care
• Use of a credible evidence-base and / or developing an evidence base to under pin their work for the project for which they are being nominated
• Able to demonstrate a safe governance framework for the service or innovation being described for which they are being nominated
• Able to clearly demonstrate the benefits the work has had for patients, clients, families and colleagues
• Through service evaluation, patient involvement and / or other means, is able to demonstrate a positive impact
• Show passion for the nursing profession by going the “extra mile” demonstrating a “can do” positive attitude
Please read the nomination form guidance note before beginning your submission.