1. All requests must be made via the online request form. In cases of accessibility issues a member of staff can complete the form on the requestor’s behalf.
2. Only digitised records held by the RCN will be searched, and only those records that fall within the scope of public access. Please see the list for items which we hold.
3. The nursing registers contain some or all of the following information about registered nurses: name, membership number, address, place of work, place of training. An example of a register entry can be seen on the main family history page.
4. The information you give us will only be used for the purposes of the requested Family History Search and details will be deleted after 6 months.
5. RCN members are entitled to 15 minutes of free search time. After this they will have to pay for a further hour at the same rate as members of the public.
6. Members of the public can request an hour’s search at the rate of £20.
7. Up to four names will be searched for. Should the search prove to be difficult the requestor’s permission will be sought to search for a further hour. This extra hour will also incur a charge of £20. Payment will not be taken without the requestor’s permission.
8. Payment details will be taken once the request has been received; searches will not be started until payment has been received and processed. All payments are non-refundable.
9. If a search is unlikely to produce results (for example, due to data protection legislation) the requestor will be contacted before the search is conducted.
10. A full report of the searches conducted and the results found will be sent to the requestor within 10 working days, regardless of whether the searches were successful or not. Reports will be sent as PDF attachments via email.