Dementia presents one of the biggest challenges to health and social care
Number of people with dementia in the UK
If you support patients with dementia it is important to have an understanding of the condition and the impact it can have on a patient and their family. Learn more about the condition here.
RCN SPACE principles
Care home journey
The Care Home Journey is specifically designed to support nursing care in older peoples care homes. It is the first time the RCN has provided bespoke web pages for nurses working in this area of the independent sector and the content has been reviewed by current experts.
View the resource.
Related to dementia:
Professional lead for dementia:
Dementia & COVID-19
- Alzheimer's Society: Worst hit: dementia during coronavirus
- NDAA. Dementia-Friendly Hospital Charter, Revised 2020: COVID-19 Recommendations
- NHS England: Dementia wellbeing in the COVID-19 pandemic
- Royal College of Psychiatrists: Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on hospital care for people with dementia
- SCIE: Safeguarding adults with dementia during the COVID-19 crisis
Find out what we are doing to meet our commitment to improve care for people with dementia.