Advanced Practice Programmes
The mark of quality and professionalism within the nursing sector
RCN Accreditation of MSc Advanced Practice Programmes
The only nationally recognised quality marker for Advanced Nurse Practitioner Programmes in the UK and provides a uniformity of standard and quality.
Accredited programmes are assessed against the combined RCN Advanced Nurse Practitioner Accreditation and Quality Assurance Standards for programme providers, ensuring that programmes are publicly recognised as being of a high standard.
Why should learners always look for an RCN accredited Advanced Practice Programme?
Nurses who graduate from RCN accredited MSc Advanced Practice Programmes, automatically gain the RCN Credential in Advanced Level Nursing Practice, at no cost for the first three-year cycle. Find out more here.
The RCN Accreditation quality mark provides evidence of relevant and quality CPD provision.
Why should Higher Education Institutions accredit their Advanced Practice Programmes?
- Successful accreditation demonstrates that programmes are up to date, of the highest quality and are effective in educating nurses to an Advanced Practice level.
- Employers in both the public and independent sectors have long recognised the quality of graduates from RCN accredited programmes, recognising their commitment to best practice.
Benefits of RCN Accreditation
- Demonstrable evidence of adherence to RCNs quality standard, designed to promote best practice and leading to improved patient care
- Invaluable market differentiation and competitive advantage in a crowded market
- Leverage the RCN brand’s reputation for excellence amongst advanced nurse practitioners, as well as their employers, who often sponsor attendance on programmes
- Receipt of valuable, specialist feedback from the external peer review process, as well as support in the development and monitoring of programmes
- Opportunity for benchmarking against current policy standards and workforce priorities for advanced nursing practice
- Can be undertaken alongside an existing programme’s validation cycle, keeping administration/resources to a minimum
- Unique marketing opportunity offered by the automatic award of the RCN Credential in Advanced Level Nursing Practice to successful MSc graduates
Successfully accredited programmes are promoted to RCN members through:
- Listings on the RCN Accreditation and RCN Credentialing website pages
- Use of RCN Logo and accreditation statement in providers’ marketing materials
- Annual email promotion to RCN Advanced Nurse Practitioner members
- RCN Regional Newsletters to members, on successful accreditation
- Offer of discounted rates on banner advertisements.
Find out more about Accreditation
Page last updated - 03/08/2019