This resource is designed to signpost RCN members to the available information, guidance and relevant RCN positions on the UK COVID-19 vaccine programmes. These also include information about the wider UK vaccination programme during this time.
The deployment of vaccines for SARS-CoV2 as they are authorised require large scale vaccination to ensure that as many people as possible are vaccinated as soon as possible.
The resources are designed to give up to date guidance to support in vaccine administration as well as evidenced based information so they are able to advise and encourage patients and public to take up vaccines.
- COVID-19 FAQs
- COVID-19 and vaccination
- COVID-19 and staffing levels
- Long COVID
- Employment guidance for NHS staff
- Individual risk assessments
- Nursing students & trainee nursing associates advice
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) advice
- Redeployment guidance
- Managing COVID-19
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Prescribing safely under COVID-19
- DNACPR & verification of death
- Mental health care delivery
- COVID-19 inquiry
- Our COVID-19 position statements
- Open letters
- Media statements
- Campaigning during COVID-19
Vaccination in the UK is primarily a nursing role. The RCN’s overriding aims in relation to vaccination are to:
- Ensure members have up to date and evidenced information to protect those most vulnerable to the severe effects of infectious diseases where a safe and effective vaccine is available.
- Support members to ensure vaccines are delivered safely and protect public trust and confidence in immunisation services.
- Promote the nursing voice and celebrate the fundamental role of nursing teams to deliver vaccines safely and effectively.
- Disseminate nationally agreed guidance to RCN members.
- GOV UK. National protocol for COVID-19 mRNA vaccine BNT162b2 (Pfizer/BioNTech)
- GOV.UK PPE portal. PPE portal: how to order COVID-19 personal protective equipment (PPE)
- NHSE/I. COVID-19 Vaccination programme
- NHSE/I. Information about vaccines for people with a learning disability and autistic people
- NHS resolution FAQ on indemnity for COVID-19 vaccine
- NMC. Information about COVID-19 vaccines
- Specialist Pharmacy Services (SPS).COVID-19 vaccination
- PHE. Immunisation hub
- PHE. COVID-19 resources including leaflets and posters
- Public Health Wales. Resources for health and social care professionals to support the delivery of the vaccine programme
- WHO. COVID-19 vaccines