International nursing members
Information, guidance and advice for international members working in the UK.
If you are an internationally-educated nursing professional working within the UK, welcome to the RCN.
With over half a million members, we are the world’s largest nursing trade union and professional body.
There are lots of things to think about before moving to the UK for work or study. Our advice guide for overseas nursing staff and students covers all the essentials, including:
- employment contracts in the UK
- work experience and examinations
- bringing your family with you
- the UK health system and NMC
Going on maternity leave or taking a career break? Switch your membership to save money and stay protected.
Helpful quick links
- Advice guide for overseas nursing staff and students
- COVID-19 advice and guidance
- CPD and searching for courses
- Employment and pay
- Guide to common English expressions
- Information for members who completed their NMC test in Ibadan, Nigeria
- International nursing associations
- Pay, terms and conditions in independent employers
How the RCN can support you
Resources specific to where you are practicing
View information on NHS Employers International recruitment toolkit.
London: The CapitalNurse Consortium
London: The CapitalNurse Consortium Handbook and Welcome Pack for Overseas Nurses
NHS resource - International nurses. Your career. Our commitment.
Fair Pay For Nursing
- Find out more about the Fair Pay for Nursing campaign and how you can get involved.
- Hear from internationally-educated nurse Hareg on her experience taking strike action as an IEN.