Immigration Advice Service
The deadline for applying for EU settled status and Pre Settled Status ended on the 30th June 2021. You can still submit a late application via the EU Settled Status Scheme. For more information, please see our page Status of EU nationals and their family members, or contact RCN Direct on 0345 772 6100 to be referred to our Immigration Advice Service if you are still concerned about your status in the UK.
The Government announced measures that will assist some healthcare workers currently residing in the UK under Tier 2 or Skilled Worker visas. The announcement covers the following:
- Tier 2 residents and additional hours in a second Job (if the second job is with the NHS)
- Visas that expire between 1st April 2021 and 30th September 2021 can now be extended for one year free of charge
For more information see: COVID-19: Advice for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residents at GOV.UK. If you're still concerned about your status in the UK, please contact the Immigration Advice Service.
What we can advise you on:
- Skilled Worker Visa (formally called the Tier 2 (General) visa)
- Tier 4 (Student Visa) and Tier 5 (Temporary Worker)
- Points based system dependants
- Changing or extending your current visa
- Applications based on marriage/civil partnership
- European Settled Status Scheme Applications
- British citizenship
- Human Rights Claims
- Refugee Settlement Applications
- Home office refusal on an application to remain in the UK
We do not provide advice and assistance with asylum applications. We can assist with finding accredited advisors who will be able to assist with asylum claims.
How to book an appointment
If you're an RCN member needing advice on immigration matters, contact the RCN advice team who can help book you an appointment.
We're also available via live chat or email.
Appeals and visa applications
Our solicitors will be able to assist with preparing and representation on immigration appeals.
Confidentiality is central to the service we offer. Any information concerning clients of the service, including whether or not they have contacted the service, will remain confidential to the service.
No information will be passed to any outside organisation or individual, or to other staff or members of the RCN, without the client's specific request or explicit permission to do so. For more information about our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, please refer to the RCN’s Data Protection Officer at RCN HQ.
Our solicitors are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
You can also get help on a range of workplace issues.