Immigration Advice Service
If you're an RCN member and are already in the UK, you can get free, confidential support and assistance on immigration issues.
What we can advise you on:
- The Health and Care visa (formally called the Tier 2 (General) visa)
- Student visas
- Domestic Violence and Immigration Applications
- Changing or extending your current visa
- Applications based on marriage/civil partnership
- European Settled Status Scheme Applications
- British citizenship
- Human Rights Claims (10 years route to settlement)
- Refugee Settlement Applications
- Appeals and Administrative Reviews
- Visa Fee waiver applications
We do not provide advice and assistance with asylum applications. We can assist with finding accredited advisors who will be able to assist with asylum claims.
How to book an appointment
If you're an RCN member needing advice on immigration matters you can contact the RCN advice team for further advice and support.
Confidentiality is central to the service we offer. Any information concerning clients of the service, including whether or not they have contacted the service, will remain confidential to the service.
No information will be passed to any outside organisation or individual, or to other staff or members of the RCN, without the client's specific request or explicit permission to do so. For more information about our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, please refer to the RCN’s Data Protection Officer at RCN HQ.
Our solicitors are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC)
Work related issues and other support
RCN members can also get help and advice about problems at work, ill health, careers, legal issues, money matters, counselling, and more.