Who can be nominated
This award is for RCN Student Information Officers (SIOs) who have made a difference at their university and shown outstanding commitment to the RCN and its members, especially student members.
Your nominee may have:
- established, or re-invigorated, a nursing society at their university
- started a petition or campaign on a topical nursing or education issue
- recruited RCN student members, or encouraged others to become more involved as SIOs
- provided peer support to help other student nurses
- organised an event that has benefited others on their course
- raised money for a nursing or health care charity.
Members of the UK Students Committee are not eligible for nomination.
Who should nominate
You should think about nominating someone for an award if you:
- are a student nurse and have been supported by an SIO
- have benefited in some way from the efforts of an SIO
- are a tutor or staff member at a university where an SIO has made a real difference to their fellow students
- have been impressed by an active SIO within your RCN branch
- have witnessed exceptional service and support by an SIO.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an awards ceremony at Congress.
The prize for the winner is £500, while the commendee will receive £250.