Who can be nominated
This award is for RCN Student Information Officers (SIOs) who have made a difference at their university and shown outstanding commitment to the RCN and its members, especially student members.
Your nominee may have:
- established, or re-invigorated, a nursing society at their university
- started a petition or campaign on a topical nursing or education issue
- recruited RCN student members, or encouraged others to become more involved as SIOs
- provided peer support to help other student nurses
- organised an event that has benefited others on their course
- raised money for a nursing or health care charity.
Who should nominate
You should think about nominating someone for an award if you:
- are a student nurse and have been supported by an SIO
- have benefited in some way from the efforts of an SIO
- are a tutor or staff member at a university where an SIO has made a real difference to their fellow students
- have been impressed by an active SIO within your RCN branch
- have witnessed exceptional service and support by an SIO.
When to submit your nomination
Nominations close on Wednesday 17 January 2018.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an awards ceremony at Congress.
The prize for the winner is £500, while the commendee will receive £250.