Who can be nominated
This award is for RCN Student Information Officers (SIOs) who have made a difference at their university and shown outstanding commitment to the RCN and its members, especially student members.
You can nominate someone for their work as long as they were an SIO during 2016 (it's OK if they will have qualified as a nurse by the award ceremony in May 2017).
Your nominee may have:
- established, or re-invigorated, a nursing society at their university
- started a petition or campaign on a topical nursing or education issue
- recruited RCN student members, or encouraged others to become more involved as SIOs
- provided peer support to help other student nurses
- organised an event that has benefited others on their course
- raised money for a nursing or health care charity.
Members of the UK Students Committee are not eligible for nomination.
Who should nominate
You should think about nominating someone for an award if you:
- are a student nurse and have been supported by an SIO
- have benefited in some way from the efforts of an SIO
- are a tutor or staff member at a university where an SIO has made a real difference to their fellow students
- have been impressed by an active SIO within your RCN branch
- have witnessed exceptional service and support by an SIO.
There will be one overall winner, and one commendee. They will both be invited to attend an awards ceremony on 13 May 2017 at the opening of RCN Congress in Liverpool.
The prize for the winner is £500, while the commendee will receive £250.
If you nominate the winner you will receive £100, and if you nominate the commendee you will receive £50.