Women's Health Forum
Advocating for women's health and for the professionals delivering that health care
- Pregnancy and Disability. This RCN online resource is intended for use by midwives, nurses, and any healthcare professionals caring for women and their families during pregnancy childbirth and postnatally.
- The BMS, RCOG, RCGP, RCN and FSRH have updated their joint framework statement regarding the restoration of menopause services in response to COVID-19 (2021)
- Leaving No-One Behind. The role of the nursing profession in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals in the UK (2021)
- Women's health clinical topic. This specialist area contains information and resources relevant to those working in the field of women's health.
- RCN publication. Managing the Disposal of Pregnancy Remains: RCN guidance for nursing and midwifery practice.
RCNWomensHealth retweeted - Jan 25
RCNWomensHealth retweeted - Jan 21
I joined the RCN Women’s Health Forum Committee 3 years ago because I firmly believe in the positive power of nursing to impact on women’s lives. I wanted to be part of campaigning for change, ensuring that nurses influence and shape healthcare policy for women.
On the committee, I work with some incredibly talented nurses who share my passion for women’s health. I always leave our meetings feeling optimistic and enthused. I have learned so much working on guidelines and resources like our Women’s Health pocket guides, and it has really enhanced my personal nursing practice.
I have had some amazing opportunities to represent the RCN on a national level ensuring that our nursing contribution is valued and our nursing knowledge is used. The forum is a fantastic channel to advocate for women and influence the political agenda.
I would encourage any nurse with an interest in Women’s health to join the forum. You will be part of a vibrant community that shares your values. It will open up a rich source of learning and will support you in your quest for nursing excellence.