Your web browser is outdated and may be insecure

The RCN recommends using an updated browser such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome

Trainee Nursing Associate

Trainee Nursing Associates (TNAs) are you ready to join the world’s largest nursing union and professional body? For as little as a few pounds a month, you'll have access to valuable learning resources and careers advice, workplace representation and support when you need it, plus a wide range of other benefits. And you'll be part of a worldwide movement to change nursing for the better.

Become a member

Learning resources

Develop and grow with access to online learning resources, local learning events and Europe’s largest nursing library.

Workplace support

You’ll never be alone: we have reps across the UK, in all sectors, to support you if you need advice or help at work

Advice service

Our confidential advice service is there to help you with workplace issues, your career, welfare rights and more.

Your voice

We campaign on the issues that matter to the nursing community. We are the voice of nurses, HCAs, APs and TNAs.

Legal support

Enjoy peace of mind with access to the largest legal team of any nursing union in the UK. We're there for you.

Member discounts

RCNXtra can help you save money on everything from your mobile phone bill to fun days out with the family.
 Membership  Monthly rate  *After tax relief 
 TNAs first year discount membership
 £4.10  £3.28
 TNAs full membership
 £8.20  £6.56

* tax relief may vary depending on your tax situation

** however, tax relief is available if you are paying basic rate tax

Become a member


To be eligible for Health Practitioner, you must work providing health or social care under the guidance and supervision of a registered nurse, midwife or health visitor and not be on a professional register (such as NMC or HCPC), unless it is a register held by the Scottish Social Council or the Northern Ireland Social Care Council.

Tax relief

If you pay tax, you can claim tax relief on your RCN subscription. If you haven't claimed before, you can backdate your claim by up to four years.