Our strategy and how we represent our forum members
Find out more about the General Practice Nursing Forum's plans and how forum members are represented
Our strategy is to
- To raise the profile of GPNs and their importance to primary care nursing.
- To build on the successes of our Facebook page and twitter account to communicate with our members, share best practice and encourage lively debate between members.
- To continue to influence health care policy that directly impacts on the role of the GPN wherever possible.
- To contribute to Congress proceedings.
- Increase our profile with regions and listening to members.
- To work on future projects to support best practice.
We represent forum members by
- Supporting professional development and re-validation requirements.
- Providing expert opinion about nursing in general practice to forum members.
- Working with national and regional organisations across the UK to support the growing GPN membership.
- Enabling and engaging with colleagues within and across primary care.
- Providing a voice for forum members at local and national levels.
- Providing leadership for forum members.
- Promoting and sharing best practice in General Practice Nursing.
- Engaging with policy and influencing policy makers.
- Partnering with other key community nursing organisations.
Page last updated - 03/08/2019