- Developing standards and guidance for the employment of general practice nurses.
- Supporting nurse revalidation
- Providing expert opinion about nursing in general practice to forum members.
- Working with national and regional organisations across the UK to support the growing GPN membership.
- Enabling and engaging with colleagues within and across primary care.
GPN committee vacancies - nominations are now open
The forum welcomes applications for these voluntary posts from members across the UK to help us shape policy and develop practice for the future of General Practice Nursing.
We meet in person once a year to set out our strategic plan, and then keep in touch with regular teleconferences.
Joining the committee is a great way for you to take a step up if you’re looking for a new professional challenge. You’ll develop your strategic communication and leadership skills which will enhance your CV and career prospects. And as well as giving you a valuable opportunity to network with colleagues from around the UK, you will inform and have the chance to deliver:
- Debates and fringe vents at RCN Congress
- Conferences and workshops
- Up to date guidance and publications.
Find further information and an application form here. Don’t miss the deadline, make sure you send in your application by 4.30 pm on Monday 30 July.