Healthcare Support Worker
Duties and responsibilities will vary slightly depending on the role, sector or industry, but a general outline of the role can be found here.
- Health Interventions
- Promoting health
- Promoting exercise and Physical-activity
- Promoting healthy nutrition and fluids intake
- Promoting urinary and bowel elimination
- Basic life support
- Physiological measurements
- Infection control
- Asepsis and prevention of infection
- Moving and handling
- Understanding medications
First Steps is the RCN’s most popular free e-learning tool for Healthcare Assistants. It’s a perfect resource to dip in and out of, whether you’re new to the post or looking to refresh your knowledge and skills.
Your responsibilities as a level 2 HCA
- You will be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- You will always act within the limits of your competence, knowing who to ask for help and support if you are not sure.
- You will work within agreed ways of working, following the relevant standards, policies and protocols used in your workplace including the Code of Conduct for Healthcare Support Workers and Adult Social Care Workers in England.
- Understanding agreed ways of working
- First Steps
- Understanding the Code of Conduct for HCSWs
- Accountability and Delegation
- Understanding Governance