- Providing an effective voice on eHealth matters.
- Shaping eHealth policies for safer and better care.
- Supporting members to use ICT with confidence and competence.
- Enabling opportunities for discussion and learning about ICT.
- Providing support to the nursing team.
The RCN defines eHealth as concerned with promoting, empowering and facilitating health and wellbeing with individuals, families and communities, and the enhancement of professional practice through the use of information, information management and communication technology (ICT). See eHealth Clinical Topics to discover more about eHealth and the forum's 'Every Nurse an eNurse' work.
Forum committee vacancies- nominations are now open
eHealth is an increasingly important aspect of the healthcare landscape. Help shape the future of the nursing profession in relation to eHealth and help steer RCN policies and initiatives in this area in collaboration with UK wide bodies. The forum welcomes applications for these voluntary posts from members across the UK to help us shape policy and develop practice.
We meet in person once a year to set out our strategic plan, and then keep in touch with regular teleconferences.
Joining the committee is a great way for you to take a step up if you’re looking for a new professional challenge. You’ll develop your strategic communication and leadership skills which will enhance your CV and career prospects. And as well as giving you a valuable opportunity to network with colleagues from around the UK, you will inform and have the chance to deliver:
- Debates and fringe vents at RCN Congress
- Conferences and workshops
- Up to date guidance and publications.
You can find further information and an application form here. Don’t miss the deadline, make sure you send in your application by 4.30 pm on Monday 30 July.