- To raise the profile of GPNs and their importance to primary care nursing.
- To build on the successes of our Facebook page and twitter account to communicate with our members, share best practice and encourage lively debate between members.
- To continue to influence health care policy that directly impacts on the role of the GPN wherever possible.
- To contribute to Congress proceedings.
- Increase our profile with regions and listening to members.
- To work on future projects to support best practice.
Our strategy and how we represent our forum members
Find out more about the General Practice Nursing Forum's plans and how forum members are represented
Our strategy is to
We represent forum members by
- Supporting professional development and re-validation requirements.
- Providing expert opinion about nursing in general practice to forum members.
- Working with national and regional organisations across the UK to support the growing GPN membership.
- Enabling and engaging with colleagues within and across primary care.
- Providing a voice for forum members at local and national levels.
- Providing leadership for forum members.
- Promoting and sharing best practice in General Practice Nursing.
- Engaging with policy and influencing policy makers.
- Partnering with other key community nursing organisations.
Page last updated - 03/08/2019