The Royal College of Nursing General Practice Nursing Forum seeks to support members working in General Practice at local, regional and national level by supporting your professional learning and development. We aim to promote and raise the profile of General Practice Nurses and strive to ensure you get the recognition you deserve for the crucial role you have in delivering a quality service in primary care.
Our work over the last year has prioritized work force development and we represent the GPN voice across key stakeholders including NHS England. We have strived to promote and share best practice by developing guidance on working in isolation and managing childhood immunization clinics. Our future work aims to build on our achievements by influencing policy makers and forging partnership working to continue to raise our profile at the highest level.
To achieve this, the RCN GPN Forum works with a number of organisations and companies, including
- NHS England on the 10 point Plan
- RCN Women’s Health Forum projects
- RCN Older Person Forum projects
- RCN – Public Health Forum
- Health Education England
- Queen’s Nursing Institute
- Association of General Practice Nurse educators
- CQC Primary Care at Scale steering Group
- NIHSR – Research Steering Committee
- Regularly contribute to the Best Practice in Nursing Conference
- RCN Publications
- Members of Editorial Boards for Practice Nurse and Practice Nursing Journals