Nurses in Management and Leadership articles
- Managing the pressures of leadership (23 Sep 2021)
Sally and Liam explore the sources of pressure on nurse leaders and what support they can draw upon to best manage situations and staff.
- Can new nurses be leaders? (13 Jul 2021)
Every student and newly registered nurse has the potential to lead and influence, says Craig Davidson
- Wherever there are leaders, there must be followers (2 June 2021)
Paul Jebb from the RCN Nurses in Management and Leadership Forum Committee explains the principle of followship and how it’s proved essential in nursing’s response to COVID-19.
- How to challenge poor leadership (23 April 2021)
Sally Bassett from the RCN Nurses in Management and Leadership Forum offers tips on identifying and responding to inadequate leadership.
- Five ways to embrace your inner leader (25 February 2021)
An RCN forum project encourages all nursing staff to recognise and value themselves as leaders.