Nurses in Management and Leadership Forum
The RCN's professional forum for managers and leaders from all health settings
The perceptions and realities of clinical supervision - developing the RCN future direction
RCN Congress - 12.45pm - 1.30pm on Tuesday 16 May 2023
Complete the questionnaire now: Your experiences of reflective practice and clinical supervision - developing the RCN future direction
- ‘Barriers to overcoming the barriers': A scoping review exploring 30 years of clinical supervision literature
- The importance of clinical supervision
- RCN position on clinical supervision
- Clinical supervision for nurses: finding it difficult to access?
- Returning to work with Long Covid
Professional Nurse Advocates
- RCN launches new standards to boost the mental health and wellbeing of the nursing workforce
- Professional nurse advocate standards
RCN Forums and Professional Nursing Committee web pages
Read more about upcoming related conferences, workshops and study days hosted by the RCN and other organisations
We welcome your views. Have your say on the latest consultations
- Embrace your inner leadership. A downloadable poster offering advice on five ways to embrace your inner leader.
- Leadership in health care services - This review from the King's Fund provides an insight into how leadership works.
- Organisational culture and patient safety - Recent studies of organisational culture and patient safety emphasise the role of senior leadership.
- Career ideas and inspiration - Considering a role within leadership? It’s not only about having line management responsibilities; you can act as a role model by exhibiting excellent values and behaviours, inspiring others, leading on change and implementing best practice.
- Leadership skills - How to demonstrate leadership skills within your career.
- Supporting nurses to lead from day one of registration - In this presentation from the RCN 2019 Education Forum conference, Kate Wells-McCullock discusses leadership styles, and skills and competencies that will support the nurse in working effectively as a leader or manager.
Vinice Thomas and Ian Jackson - why WRES, why now
Rachel Hollis, Mary Codling and Sally Bassett – why the RCN Forums matter
Sally Bassett and Kate Wells-McCulloch - critical conversations
Equality, inclusion and diversity podcast