Nurses in Management and Leadership Forum
The RCN's professional forum for managers and leaders from all health settings
Applications have now opened to appoint members to 32 RCN Forum Steering Committees. You can find out more about the opportunity before clicking through to complete your online application. Please note both the appointments information page and the application page are behind the member login, in line with all of our election and appointment pages.
Applications close at 4.30pm on Friday 22 July 2022.
- Embrace your inner leadership. A downloadable poster offering advice on five ways to embrace your inner leader.
- Leadership in health care services - This review from the King's Fund provides an insight into how leadership works.
- Organisational culture and patient safety - Recent studies of organisational culture and patient safety emphasise the role of senior leadership.
- Career ideas and inspiration - Considering a role within leadership? It’s not only about having line management responsibilities; you can act as a role model by exhibiting excellent values and behaviours, inspiring others, leading on change and implementing best practice.
- Leadership skills - How to demonstrate leadership skills within your career.
- Supporting nurses to lead from day one of registration - In this presentation from the RCN 2019 Education Forum conference, Kate Wells-McCullock discusses leadership styles, and skills and competencies that will support the nurse in working effectively as a leader or manager.
Vinice Thomas and Ian Jackson - why WRES, why now
Rachel Hollis, Mary Codling and Sally Bassett – why the RCN Forums matter
Sally Bassett and Kate Wells-McCulloch - critical conversations
Equality, inclusion and diversity podcast