Your stories are what will make our #FairPayForNursing campaign stand out and help us to secure fair pay and the recognition the profession deserves. Add your voice to the campaign and tell politicians why nursing staff deserve to be valued.
It’s easy to get involved and make your voice heard. Record a short video (30 seconds or less) of yourself explaining why nursing staff deserve fair pay.
- Tweet your video from your Twitter account and tag @theRCN and use #FairPayForNursing and we will retweet some of your videos.
- Post your video on your Facebook profile to your followers using #FairPayForNursing or post it as a comment on a post our page to share with our followers too.
- Share your video on your Instagram story tagging @theRCN using #FairPayForNursing and we will share it from our Instagram story.
Steps to a successful campaign video
Top tips for filming a video of yourself for social media
- Film yourself in a quiet space so your phone doesn’t pick up background noise
- Film yourself with as much natural light as possible
- Don’t use your phone zoom as this will distort the quality of the video
You can then upload your video to your personal Twitter, Facebook or Instagram account – don’t forget to use #FairPayForNursing and @theRCN on Twitter and Instagram.
What to include in your video
Your video is your chance to tell your followers and politicians why nursing staff deserve fair pay. If you are a member of the nursing team, you can use your video as your chance to explain the complex and skilled work you do every day and how fair pay will make you feel valued.
If you aren’t a member of the nursing team, your video is your chance to tell your followers and politicians why you appreciate nursing staff, why you think they deserve fair pay and what you think the UK Government should do now.